Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Journey Called Life...

My mind have been filled with thoughts recently; and I see flashbacks of my life and also my views of my upcoming future.
It was a crazy journey, with flashes of the happy and sad memories all running side by side like it was on a roll of film slowly exposing itself.

I smiled, laughed, cried and even pondered at some of these memories and asked myself question after question, whether it was all just so surreal.
I find myself looking at my own life which was like a huge atlas spread out before me, with marks all around and the gray areas left unexplored, and I felt overwhelmed at how things have affected me in every little way.

Surrounded by all the memories and my own life, I looked at in comparison to the big wide world out there and a sudden realization dawned upon me, I was such a small person living in a big big world out there and what I had journeyed so far, sadly seemed insignificant compared to the big globe out there.

I felt so tiny in comparison to the huge world and the things that I could do, or reach out to and I felt ashamed at the same time that I had simply not done enough to contribute to the world out there.

I am just but one person, it's true, but one hand which reached out is more than millions of hands which shrank back and I feel that I could have done something.

Perhaps it is maturity, or the recent events and happenings around the world which triggered my awakening, but I believe it was meant to be.

It was a calling from God, it was something that I should have done long ago, and I am sorting all this through, and I do want to make a change.
I want to be someone who is not just part of the audience, but to be someone who makes things happen.

I want to be there to help to make the world a better place to live in, and it does start from me.

I have been blessed with the fortune of having a good life, surrounded by loving parents and family and friends, who provided for me and made sure that I was not short of love and attention during my childhood.
Perhaps it was this that made me content with my life, and probably the reason why I take things for granted sometimes.

I whine for little things that don't go my way, or when I don't have the best of the situation.
Little did I know that I was just being silly, and spoilt amidst all the other unfortunate things in the world.

I am thankful for being one of the lucky ones, thanks to the Lord Almighty, and I am grateful for HIS ways in me.

I am thankful for the times HE reminded me of how lucky I was, and for constantly waking me up to the harsh realities of life.

It may be a long journey I know, and I am ready for it, because I realized how much I have to do.

I am thankful that I am aware of the world around me and how I could be a part of it, to make it a better place to live in....

It is this journey called LIFE....

No comments:

Post a Comment