Thursday, May 31, 2012

Barley - My favorite and a saver

For some reason, I was feeling a little light-headed again on Tuesday, and the weird thing is, I don't really feel that I am sick (not to that extent) and I suspect it was more of fatigue.
However, I am not ready to take any more chances considering my last illness cost me three weeks of freedom and therefore, I decided to drown litres of water to cool my body down (the heatwave was really getting to most of us too!)

Then I made myself some barley...yeah, I can cook my own barley drink these days, so I am not that spoilt!

Looks good, although I left it to cook a little longer than I should, but I was busy fixing my phone :-P

Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing

This drink is one of my personal favorites to drink on any day, but more so whenever I am feeling unwell or excess heat in the body (fever or sore throat) as this is one of my best bet for a natural life-saver and health booster.
The best part is it is packed with fibre to keep me going when I had no appetite!

Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing

I love chewing on the barley grains although lots of people would usually discard them after cooking as most of them do not like the grains but I am totally the opposite; as I am so into them.

I did feel better after a round of barley drink the next day, and a good thing.
Good ol' barley is always the best remedy at the early stages and even when I am already sick; good to cool down fever and reduce the inflammation of a sore throat.

I am proud of myself*

No comments:

Post a Comment