Saturday, January 29, 2011

The most precious thing in life

This may differ from one to another, but to me, the most precious thing in life is faith and love.

Being able to believe and to love is no doubt, priceless as not a lot of people can have the courage to do that.

We are all caught up in the physical burdens and stresses of life that we often overlook to care for our loved ones and to spend a moment or two with them, and without ourselves realizing it, time has flown by so fast, and sometimes we may even lose them.
It is useless then to wish that we could turn back time to be able to appreciate them more.

I constantly remind myself of this fact, and try to spend as much time as I can with my parents.
As I look at them each time I am home, it struck me how old they are getting and the age is showing in the evident gray hair and their faces.
They are not as quick as before, taking time to do things.
This is all part of the natural process of aging, and I know that one day, I will be like that too.

I am aware that they are aging, and I try to spend as much time as possible with them as I live away from home, that I tend to neglect catching up with my friends in town when I am home.
It is not an easy decision, but I would choose my parents as they were the ones who brought me up and gave me much love and tender loving care to mould me into who I am today.

I can stand here today and be proud of what I have because of them.

To me, to be able to see them smile and be happy and not shed a tear, is the most precious thing.
To me, to remember what they have done and to be able to provide to my best ability for them is the most precious thing.
To me, to be able to be thankful for their presence and love for me, is the most precious thing.

To me, They are the most precious thing in life, and I thank God for them and all my loved ones in my life =)

No comments:

Post a Comment